the short answer is no.

depending on what the isp logs , the isp *might be able to tell you
the mac address, true. BUT it would be an ARP request and even a small
network will generate a bajillion of those so unless the network admin
had some reason to do a packet capture while they were connected.. and
come to think of it, even if your friends don't use a router, that
does not make it a direct network connection. ARP is a switch protocol
and does not route. The capture would have had to be made from their
end.

Assuming they did somehow locate it what good would it do? You can't
put out an APB on it and noticing it when it connects to another ISP
would require just as much effort on the part of that ISP. All ISPs
would have to run a packet capture constantly for the information to
be useful to law enforcement and the world would quickly run out of
hard drive space ;)