I never said it was less of a crime...you keep hallucinating words.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Stroz [mailto:boyz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 10:46 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Palin email hacking case - guilty!

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Eric Roberts
<ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> wrote:

> It is well known that if you leave your account poorly
> secured it will get hacked or at least greatly increase your chances of
> getting hacked.  That is the reasonable expectation.

I will agree that for us, being in the IT field, this would be the
case. But I would disagree this is the case for the general public.

If a password is 'weak', it does not mean that if someone uses that
password to hack an account secured by it is any less of a crime, or
that the person who's account was hacked deserved it in any way.

I have 'bump proof' locks installed on all my doors because they are
more secure than regular locks. Does this mean if someone uses the
'bump' technique for breaking into my neighbor's house it is any less
fo a crime than if they break into mine?

--
Scott Stroz

http://xkcd.com/386