From: Sam [mailto:sammyc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:47 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Sarah Palin says American law should be based on the ten
commandments

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:20 AM, G Money <gm0n3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The point of view that the US should be governed based upon the Ten
> Commandments...or on ANY religious doctrine of any kind....is EXTREMELY
> dangerous. You support it because it happens to be your religious dogma in
> question. Ask yourself this: what if it wasn't? Would you still support
it?

She correctly said it was and is until recently. She said we should go
back to rules and ideas that shaped this country from the beginning.
We've turned against them as if what the founders did was wrong and
needs to be eradicated. She doesn't want us to make laws based on the
bible, just follow the same loose guidelines the founders did like
with the ten commandments.

> Question: Do you not see a danger in mixing religion with legislation?

You didn't red her comments, that's not what she said.
She was defending prayer, any kind of prayer. By outlawing public
prayer we lose our roots based on religious freedom.