http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=24718773587

On Fox News this morning, State Department Spokesman P.J. Crowley
became the third Obama administration official in short succession to
admit that he hadn’t actually bothered to read Arizona’s 10-page long
“secure the border” bill before condemning it and criticizing
Americans who support Arizona’s necessary efforts to do the job the
Obama Administration should be doing. Crowley’s statement follows
similar admissions from Attorney General Eric Holder and Secretary of
Homeland Security Janet Napolitano.

At first blush this revelation seemed unbelievable, but maybe I
shouldn’t be surprised. This now seems “the Washington way” of doing
things. If the party in power tells us they have to pass bills in
order to find out what’s actually in them, they can also criticize
bills (and divide the country with ensuing rhetoric) without actually
reading them.

Still I can’t help but feel outraged on behalf of Arizona’s citizens
for the incompetence shown by these Administration officials.
Arizonans have the courage to do what the Obama administration has
failed to do in its first year and a half in office – namely secure
our border and enforce our federal laws. And as a result, Arizonans
have been subjected to a campaign of baseless accusations by the same
people who freely admit they haven’t a clue about what they’re
actually campaigning against.

The absolute low point of this campaign came last Friday, when a U.S.
State Department delegation met with Chinese negotiators to discuss
human rights. Apparently, our State Department felt it necessary to
make their Chinese guests feel less bad about their own record of
human rights abuses by repeatedly atoning for American “sins” –
including, it seems, the Arizona immigration/pro-border security law.
Asked if Arizona came up at all during the meeting, Assistant
Secretary of State Michael Posner answered:

“We brought it up early and often. It was mentioned in the first
session, and as a troubling trend in our society and an indication
that we have to deal with issues of discrimination or potential
discrimination, and that these are issues very much being debated in
our own society.”

Note that he said “We brought it up” – not the Chinese, but the U.S.
State Department’s own delegation. Instead of grilling the Chinese
about their appalling record on human rights, the State Department
continued the unbelievable apology tour by raising “early and often”
Arizona’s decision to secure our border.

Arizona’s law, which just mirrors the federal law, simply allows the
police to ask those whom they have already stopped for some form of
identification like a driver’s license. By what absurd stretch of the
imagination is that the moral equivalent of China’s lack of freedoms,
population controls (including forced abortions), censorship, and
arbitrary detentions?

Surely our U.S. Ambassador to China, John Huntsman, must disagree with
the Obama Administration’s continued apology tour? We have nothing to
apologize for. If Administration officials want to apologize to
anyone, apologize to the American people for the fact that after a
year and a half in office, they still haven’t done anything to secure
our borders, and they join our President in making false suggestions
about A