"He was asked whether he would have voted for it. And he explained all the
issues he had with it and was equivocating and refused to answer the
question, evading instead. It seems pretty obvious to me that he would not
have voted for it and does not support it."

Seems to me that he said he agreed with 9 out of 10 articles.  It also seems
that he said he did not know if a person should vote for something if he or
she agrees with 90% of it.

That's an interesting measuring stick.  Do you think every congressman who
has ever voted for a bill has agreed with 100% of the bill?

"I don't think that Rand Paul is a racist but I do think that his
interpretation of the balance of power between business rights and the
rights of the
community are grossly out of balance."

Okay.  That's much better than "That's why the Civil Rights Act was right
and Rand Paul is wrong. Period.".  Now you are stating opinion, instead of
stating fact.  Big difference.

"Please show me a little more respect than that as I respect you."

I showed you the same amount of respect.  I used your example with you as
the target :)  No offense was taken be the way.  It would take a lot more
than someone on a list serve calling me a homo-phobe racist to make me take
offense.