with 6 gig, I'd do the 64bit.  Drivers are not an issue when it comes to 32
or 64bit linux.

As for what to do with it?  What do you want to do with it?  I use mine as a
development workstation every day.  I program in ruby, bash, python, some
perl (If I have to), etc.  I use gimp to do my graphics work.  I surf, I
word process, I email.  The only thing I don't do is play games, but then, I
was never much of a gamer...except for Telengard! or more recently Diablo I
& II.  Yeah, I know, those games are ancient history.