On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:28 PM, C. Hatton Humphrey <chumph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The snarky part of me says, "Would now be a bad time to mention that I
> work for a company that, among other things, handles payroll and
> taxes?"  On a serious note, this is BAD BAD BAD - especially since
> things like direct deposit and benefits payments are time sensitive
> things!  I used QBOE to handle orders for a family business some time
> back and it was always available when I tried to use it.  I tried
> going to the site and the free trial part is online.  Have they given
> any indication of the problem?

Yes, it's seriously bad.  Luckily I'd already submitted my payroll so
I don't have to worry about that but alot of companies that pay this
Friday hadn't.  This means payroll has to be either done by hand or
delayed.  Very very very bad.  It's one thing to tell a customer that
you have to give them a hand written receipt.  It's entirely another
to tell an employee that something went wrong with their paycheck.
People don't like their paycheck getting messed with.

The information I have seen so far seems to indicate that some sort of
power failure occurred during a routine upgrade.  Perhaps connected to
the recent quake in Southern Cali.  This brings up three immediate
questions.  1) No power backup? 2) No redundant data center in an area
that doesn't have earth quakes? 3) Are you kidding?  Really?  I mean
REALLY?

It's like an episode of "Really? With Seth and Amy".

-Cameron