>It's the difference between the guy who drives a Civic and a guy who
>drives a Porche.  They both get you where you want to go, but Porche
>has a brand behind it, a shitload of marketing, and every little
>detail has been designed to the hilt.
>
>That doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with the Civic.  That
>doesn't mean that the Civic isn't a good looking car, or a dependable
>car, or that it is incapable of doing it's job, it's just not a
>Porche.
>
>-Cameron

Ugh.....cool factor....Horrible reason for overpaying for something.

Honestly though there's a problem with that analogy: the Porche is a high
quality machine. I can't comment on the quality of the iPhone specifically, but
if iPods are anything to go by there's a definate lack of quality in Apple
products. My first MP3 player was made the same year the first iPod came out
and still works great. My dad and both my sisters got the same model and they
all still work to. How many first gen iPods are still working without having
been repaired? Not too many I'd wager.