I won't be commenting but here are a few articles from the last 3 months or so:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/07/the_university_of_virginia_hol.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/22/AR2010072206100.html
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/08/law_enforcement_officials_in_v.html
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-breaking-news/virginia/marry-outside-va-and-it-may-no.html

There was also his attempt 6 months ago to dictate personnel policies
to the state universities regarding same sex policies.