"I concur.  Any time an episode came up that revolved around any of the kids
(including Wesley) I would only keep watching in case something else
important happened.  The same goes for Nog and Jake in DS9. "

I didn't much care for any of the regular kids.

"I did sort of like the "Captain's Day" episode of TNG though for some
reason that I cannot fathom."

It was pretty good.  Creative.  The Picard youth did a great job of
straightening his jacket like the adult Picard.

I have never watched Babylon 5.  Maybe I should add it to my Netflix queue.
Season 1 is streaming which makes it easy to check out.

-

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms those entrusted with
power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny -
Thomas Jefferson on government