With each person rappelling off the helicopter it would go up about a
foot or so. If you were among the last people going off the
helicopter, you ended up having quite the jump.

One of of our exercises in the Rockies we did some rappelling off
cliffs. I don't remember how high they were but they were high enough.
It was quite the blast. Then our instructor had us rappel down one
small cliff (around 50 or so) face forward. that was challenging.