On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Sam wrote:
> Carter and Clinton both raped defense for all they could. I think the
> theory was who would attack America with such nice guys running her.
> We see where that got us.

Oh, totally.

We were vulnerable, not because of our policies, but because of our
military spending.

If we'd only spent more, ya know?  Gotten space lasers which could
have melted any terrorist anywhere.

Melted like the Nazis were, at the end of that Indiana Jones movie.

>From space.

Problems solved!

> Reagan spend a fortune rebuilding defense and the reward was winning
> the cold war. At least we see it as a reward, I'm sure that saddens
> many on this list. The Bush had to all repair a flailing military, a
> major attack and two wars caused by a weakened superpower

Heh.  Regan brang down the wall.  Hehe--  "brang".  (Sorry mom.)

Anyways, yeah, that's how I remember it too.

Yup.  Regan did that.  By rebuilding our defense.

With lasers.

>From space.

:Den

--
I love those who do not know how to live for today.
Friedrich Nietzsche