On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Jerry Johnson wrote:

> cynicism can be healthy.

It's cool and all, but seems pretty hard core to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynicism

;-)

> misanthopism or pessimism can be unhealthy.
>
> although they are similar, they are not the same.

I think critical thinking (whatever that is, really ;]) takes care of
the good in cynicism without the semi-negative connotation.

Trust is an amazing thing.  Sometimes -- and I've experienced this --
trusting someone can actually make them trustworthy!  It's far out yo!

I'd wager everyone gets burned from time to time, no matter how
careful, but there is a certain freedom to not immediately distrusting
something (usually based on it's appearance).

What I'm trying to express could be interpreted dangerously, there's a
lot of nuance that I can't seem to squeeze in, but it, meaning life,
can be really rich, if we only see it so.

Trust that the world, neigh, reality- is an amazing,
fearsomely-beautiful place (or thing?  Noun?).

Or something like that.  =]

:Den

--
In large states public education will always be mediocre, for the same
reason that in large kitchens the cooking is usually bad.