I don;t see that at all.

What I saw was that _exceptionally huge_ money affected a lot of races. Not
normal money, not even big money, but ridiculous money.

Like tequila shots at the end of a night, money gave people like a 20% bump
they otherwise wouldn't have had.

In races that should not have been close at all, money made them close.
In races that should have tilted slightly to the incumbent (going be past
races), the races tilted instead to the money, by a couple of points.
In races that normally would have been close, money made it seem like a
runaway.

I also saw the actually emergence of some real, contested, 3 way races,
where instead of the normal "loon on the edge" independent, instead the
independents were MODERATES of either party who didn't want to swing to the
poles. We aren't used to seeing it, so people didn't trust it yet, but I
think the signs are starting to shift.