On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Michael Dinowitz <
mdino...@houseoffusion.com> wrote:

> I know.
>
> The whole thing just irks me as another in a loooong line of "Israel has no
> right to exist, does not exist, or will not exist soon" arguments.
> You think I'm all gung ho pro-Israel but that's not true. I'm protective of
> my people and when they are misjudged or held to a different standard than
> anyone else, I'm going to defend them. Israel is the country of my people
> and I want it judged fairly.
> But I'm possessive and what I consider mine is inclusive. You, the
> ColdFusion community, are my people and I'll defend us against attacks and
> claims of death till the very end.

America is the KING of being held to a different standard.

I used to fight it, but now I just roll with it.  I now just accept that
people will expect things from the US that they would ask of no other
country, and certainly not their OWN country.

It's just part of the price we pay for being totally fucking awesome :)