At first glance this can't be done. The first 3 periods are 8 hour
days over 5 days. The next 3 are 8 hour days over 2 days. Now if you
start playing with when one week ends and another begins then you can
move a few hours around. The fri-sat/11pm-7am leaves 1 hour in on week
and the other 15 in the next. But that doesn't help anything as the
goal is an average of 40. I can't see a single way of doing it to the
criteria stated. Someone has to have over or under a 40 hour work
week.
If this is a 'standard' math example with a real answer, I want to know it.