Dude.
Should we arrest the rapper who said "187 on an undercover cop" where 187 is
an implied incitement to murder?
Should we arrest the politician on the right because a person on the left
might have taken something they said as a call to murder?
Should we worry that the person who says they're going to "fuck you up"
needs a condom?

"Go shoot person X" is implicit
"She's on my target list" is implied

Dude..we are talking about inciting violence and then someone
> attempting to assassinate a congresswoman!
> And we are talking about people in Authority, persons running for
> public office and who hold public office in government.
>

> That's a key difference to groups of extremists just just talking crap.

So a group who says they'll "beat fagots bloody" (for example) and then does
it is just talking crap? The latest bias crimes report tells a totally
different story.

> People were shot and killed in an expression of, what seems to be with
> all the knowledge we have, politics. Taking back the country, whatever
> you want to call it.
> It is just too close to the identical rhetoric from the tea party and
> the GOP to be ignored.

So this person who was described as liberal and left wing was influenced by
the rhetoric of the right? You know this for a fact? Yes, we can assume it
and condemn the rhetoric but to make a direct connection is not fact, just
opinion...until we know for sure.

> If that had been the case then yes I think they would have been
> arrested and an investigation would have started immediately.

We don't arrest without a reason and someone saying that someone else is on
their target list is not reason enough.

> Whether or not this man was driven by the talk surrounding the
> politics, talk by those in authority that use analogies that relate to
> Gun Violence against opponents
> needs to stop.

I agree. Any analogy that implies violence should be removed from political
rhetoric. "I'm going to kill him", "lets stomp them at the polls", "give
them a beating they'll never recover from".
If you say that these slogans are not the same as "she's on my target list"
then I ask who gets to decide?