Numerous criminal charges (so far) have been brought against the Clinton
Administration and participants.  So far the count of convicted charges is
46.  I think this makes the first statement you made of the Regan analogy
seriously flawed.

Regardless of Clinton beating Regan's record hands-down - who know's what
the number would have been had he not made all of his "parting eve pardons"
 . .

    "On the night before and morning of his departure from office, Bill
Clinton made several controversial "midnight" pardons. Aside from pardoning
political allies and scandal co-conspirators such as Susan McDougal, Henry
Cisneros, and his brother Roger, Bill pardoned fugitive criminal millionaire
Marc Rich. Rich was charged in the early eighties with several felony
offenses but fled to Switzerland to avoid facing trial. Among Rich's crimes
were oil deals with Iran during the hostage crisis and ties to arms
smuggling. Amazingly, Clinton completely disregarded pardon protocol in the
Rich case and failed to properly inform many authorities in the justice
department of Rich's fugitive status. The story becomes more interesting
considering that Marc Rich's ex wife Denise, who fought for his pardon, is a
close Clinton friend and DNC donor. Denise Rich gave $1 million in
contributions to the DNC, $450,000 to Bill Clinton's library fund, and
$70,000 to Hillary Clinton's senate campaign according to the Washington
Times (2/22/00). The Rich pardon appears to be a political pay off and,
though the president may constitutionally pardon anyone, it appears he
abused his authority in a quid pro quo pardon in exchange for political
donations. Clinton's pardon of Rich has prompted criticism from even the
most liberal Clinton defenders and several prominent Democrats. Former
President Carter called the pardon "disgraceful" while Senator Tom Harkin
and even Rep. Barney Frank criticized it!
    But that is by no means all. Hillary Clinton's brother Hugh Rodham was
paid over $400,000 dollars for successfully fighting for pardons and
commutations for criminals Carlos Vignali and Almon Glenn Braswell, two
included in Clinton's last minute pardons and commutations list. Upon the
eve of this story breaking, Hillary and Bill denied any knowledge of Hugh's
involvement and, under pressure, called on him to return the money.
Translation: they got caught."

I hope I'm not offending anyone - trying to keep this little debate thing
totally non-personal   (and enjoying it!   =P)  Please tell me if I step on
anyone's toes - its not my intentions.

   =)

Nate Nielsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]