On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Eric Roberts <
ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> wrote:

> With all the gun nuts in AZ...maybe this will be a good thing and we won't
> have to worry about WBC anymore...  I have been saying for a long time that
> they are going to go protest at the wrong funeral and a bunch of armed
> folks
> are going to convey their dislike in a very violent manner.

Just the opposite is occurring.

Volunteers are lining up, and stores are donating supplies to build large
"wings" which volunteers will wear as part of an "angels" campaign to shield
the mourners completely from the protesters.

The organizers are stressing non-violence, and are asking their volunteers
to remain completely silent, and not engage the protesters in any way, not
bring any signs, etc.. They say they don't want to impact the funeral in any
way, other than to shield the protesters.

That's the way to do it.