From: Gruss Gott [mailto:grussg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 14:51
To: cf-community
Subject: So this Wisconsin Thing

It would appear that what's happening in Wisconsin is 2 things:

(1.) There's a State revenue crunch thus the Gov is asking for Union
give-backs. (but, in fairness, he's also asking for tax cuts and has pushed
through corp tax cuts)

(2.) The Unions are agreeing to all give-backs thus negating the finance
argument, but not agreeing to give up collective bargaining, which the Gov
says is not negotiable.

Given this, the Governor's agenda is clear: kill the unions.

And, so far, the public seems to be backing the Gov although whether that's
due to the non-issue financial piece or the union piece is not clear.

So I'm wondering if we're seeing the death of unions.  thoughts?