It's been getting more and more ridiculous over the years but two
things came together in my head today that particularly drive home the
point that there is a concerted war on the middle and lower classes in
this country.

First off, the new report showing that the top 400 richest people in
the US make more money than that bottom 50% of America *combined*:
http://www.good.is/post/the-400-richest-americans-are-now-richer-than-the-bottom-50-percent-combined/

Next comes this excellent infographic breakdown of spending cuts being
pushed by Congress versus tax breaks being pushed by Congress:
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2011/02/tax_breaks_infographic.html

They are cutting 11.2 billion from early childhood programs while
giving 11.5 billion to the rich due to changes in the estate tax.

Cutting 8.9 billion for low income housing while providing 8.9 billion
in mortgage deductions for *vacation* homes.

It goes on and on and on.

I keep hearing "sky is falling" people, especially on the right,
saying "We're broke, we can't afford these things like social
programs". Fuck that. We aren't broke, we're making stupid choices.

It's class warfare, pure and simple and it is time people wake up and
smell the jack boot.

Judah