I have come to the same conclusion. Creating wealth via capitalism
only works if the wealth actually gets spread around. We have to
abandon this version of capitalism and figure out something that
doesn't result in a global economic meltdown. I've started to see the
US as the USSR in 1985 - overburdened by debt, its economic plans a
farce, its infrastructure crumbling, and all the while the politicians
claim everything is fine. Well, everything is not fine. We had to
spend $800 billion to keep the entire global economy from being
flushed down the toilet, and that was just for starters.