A few years back we had a loooong and drawn out 'debate' on Israel's actions
in regards to Gaza. The accusation that Israel targeted civilians was thrown
around based on a (flawed) report for the UN. Well, it seems that the
reports author has backtracked on that accusation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/reconsidering_the_goldstone_report_on_israel_and_war_crimes/2011/04/01/AFg111JC_story.html?wprss=rss_opinions

But in the end it doesn't matter. Israel is still considered butchers no
matter how many times the accusation is proven wrong. People remember the
accusation, never the retraction.

An interesting fact. The NY Times was the original paper to post Goldstone's
op-eds. This time the op-ed was in the Washington post. Why not the NY
Times? And why has the NY times all but ignored Goldstone's words.

Oh, and I will not be able to respond to the firestorm of responses to this
post till either later tonight or tomorrow. I've got a wedding to get to in
half an hour.