Jerry Milo Johnson <jmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The difference for me is that Obama is a grown man that has placed
> himself in the public arena.
>
> Trig is a child, who has not made such a choice.
>
> To me, he is off limits.

Sarah Palin is a grown woman who has placed herself in the public
arena - and made this claim - so I'm not sure how that would be
relevant here.  The question is about whether Sarah Palin gave birth
to a child she claims to have, but has provided no evidence or
documentation of and that pictures and witnesses seem to contradict.

The point being that false claims made by public officials -
especially candidates for President / Vice President! - should be
investigated.  If those officials choose to make those claims about
their own children (or grandchildren) that doesn't mean they should be
investigated.

Further, one could make the argument that if a candidate is using
false claims involving their children for political advantage, then
maybe child protective services should be investigating as well.