Scott Stroz <boyz...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> The point being that false claims made by public officials -
>> especially candidates for President / Vice President! - should be
>> investigated.
>
> How do we know a claim is false unless we investigate it?

Excellent point!

So with Pres Obama we've got a released document that:

(1.) Has a certification number,

(2.) Is signed by the registrar of the state of issuance,

(3.) Has the raised State seal on it,

(4.) Says 'this copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of
birth in any court proceeding',

(5.) Has been verified by 2 governors (from both parties) in the state
of issuance as well as applicable government officials without
exception and is under no challenge from any official in the state of
issuance.

So in that sense, investigation over, case closed.

For Ms. Palin's claim we've seen no such document.  So let's see the
document with all of the qualifications mentioned above and call 'er a
day.