+1.. even if the cop is completely in the wrong. Never interfere.. period.
You will lose, can you can even lose with your life.

Be a witness and then go to his or her superiors, I.A., or the DA.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gruss Gott [mailto:grussg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:39 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: IHOP Cop Punches Lady in the face

Jerry Milo Johnson <jmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And truthfully, you are kind of a dick for thinking that way.
> Honestly. Police are not untouchable.

You don't physically interfere with a cop.  ever.  period.  Take a picture,
make a video, gather witnesses, but don't physically assault an officer
ESPECIALLY when they're trying to arrest someone!

I'm pretty shocked anyone would disagree with that.

And if you do, the cop has ever right and legal power to shut you down.

Now, could things have been optimized?  Probably.   But I'm sure as
hell not going to armchair-cop the situation from behind my keyboard.

Seriously dude, that lady physically assaulted him while he was trying to
arrest someone and you're going to second-guess him?  Maybe he also didn't
have a sharp enough crease in his uniform.