“Of course Michelle is proud of her country, which is why she and Barack
talk constantly about how their story wouldn’t be possible in any other
nation on Earth.  What she meant is that she’s really proud at this moment
because for the first time in a long time, thousands of Americans who’ve
never participated in politics before are coming out in record numbers to
build a grassroots movement for change"

Damn.  Channeling Michelle Obama.  Nice :)

But would she be proud of American if a grass roots movement (Tea Party)
that elected a black conservative over her husband?

-

If a man like Malcolm X could change and repudiate racism, if I myself and
other former Muslims can change, if young whites can change, then there is
hope for America. - Eldridge Cleaver

I have taken an oath in my heart to oppose communism until the day I die. -
Eldridge Cleav