All circumstantial:

- Her daughter suddenly goes missing, but her mom doesn't tell anyone
- A month later the little girls' grandma finally realizes something is
wrong and calls the cops
- Mom claims she'd been looking for the little girl herself, but boyfriends
and roomates say that she'd spent most of that time partying....never even
mentioning the girl
- Mom's brother and mother claim that they both detected a rotten smell
coming from the mom's car, as if a dead body had been in there

Then on day one of the trial, defense drops a bombshell...that hte little
girl had drowned, the mom just didn't tell anybody

It's a mess.