On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Jerry Barnes <critic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "The nature of the communication was immediately clear and was disclosed by
> the Weiner campaign and by the girl's parents."
>
> Weiner's "campaign" is certainly a trustworthy source.

The parents certainly are and the contents of one of the messages had
already been publicly posted by the girl in question prior to the
current kerfluffle. There is no "there" there. But by all means,
continue to try and ruin more people's lives through insinuation and
rumor. It's the all-American past time in DC.

Weiner did some things that he's embarrassed about and he lied to
cover them up. He got caught and then apologized for lying. As far as
we know, he did nothing illegal or even improper. I'm disappointed
that he lied and I'm disappointed that he was dumb enough to think
that someone wouldn't uncover all of this. But he wasn't hypocritical,
he wasn't doing anything illegal, he didn't misuse official channels.
Dumb, yes. Disappointing, yes. But at this point it's a complete
witchunt.

Judah