"I don't subscribe to the "he's a liar!" histrionics, because who isn't?  We
all are including politicians."

That doesn't make it right.

I may be old fashioned, but I also believe that public officials should be
held to a higher standard the regular citizen.

"That said, Weiner's demonstrated some extraordinarily bad judgement no
matter what you think the ethics of the situation are.  The depth of that
bad judgement deserves to be investigated since he's a public official."

If there is reason to be investigated, it really isn't a witch hunt.  A
witch hunt is an accusation looking for a perpetrator.

As more is revealed, it looks less and less like a bad decision.  It looks
more like an obsession or some other kind of psychological compulsion.

-

Ninety percent of politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation. -
Henry Kissinger

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go
out and buy some more tunnel. - John Quinton