On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Medic <hofme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm. I guess we're having different discussions then. You want to discuss
> the warm fuzzy and good "story" that comes from a last minute goal, I'm
> discussing the goal itself. And your comparison to a home run is invalid. A
> home run is a home run. There aren't more beautiful home runs. Goals in
> football are completely different. There's certainly such a thing as a
> beautiful goal vs just a routine one. And this is a case of that.

How is it different?

To hit a home run in baseball, you need to hit the ball with a bat
over the designated fence. Simple.
To score a touchdown in football, you need to carry or throw the ball
over the opposing team's goal line. Piece of cake.
To score a goal in soccer, you need to hit the ball across the
opposing team's goal line. walk in the park.

A goal is just a goal. Just as much as a home run is just a home run,
or a touchdown is just a touchdown.

--
Scott Stroz

http://xkcd.com/386/