No, my entire argument (if you can call it that) was based on Scott saying
(paraphrase) that if all goals were as good as this one, and there were more
of them, he'd watch football. I said that if his interest is in pretty goals
he should watch some of the highlight shows as this was a pretty standard
goal. You then had your "America-fuck-yeah" pride bruised that I didn't
think that because your team scored a goal in the final minute (also pretty
standard in football) that it's one of the most influential goals in
football. My argument to that is simply that if you watch more football
you'll likely feel the same way.

The fact it's America, and you're American, is what makes it so significant.