With all the economic uncertainty in the news today, I am thinking today
about all the people here and around the world who are captive to their
circumstances. The human race is capable of so much more. Maybe one day we
will wake up and realize we are just one big human family on a little rock
in space. (The thought of which makes me feel horrible about beating up on
Steve Jobs or anyone else. If we should all be better people, then I should
be a better person). It's just sad to see our country, and the world, in
this state. We live in such complicated times.

I'd also like to say thanks to all the people who, in an uncertain world,
are protecting the rest of us at great personal cost to themselves and their
families.