Yeah, what's shocking to me is a few things:

1.) that any person affiliated with our government would say that default is
not a big deal.  Hey, guess what?  It's a big deal to the people that lent you
the money!  What arrogance or stupidity to think that we kick our lenders in
the nuts and not expect consequences.

2.) the debt is consequence of the previous government's decisions.  It's fine
not to agree with them, but why the hell would any government official not
honor the promise?  That effectively means we have no continuous government!

3.) how we solve our long term fiscal problems has nothing to do with raising
our debt limit now (see point #2) so why would anyone conflate the two?  By
doing this we effectively tell the world we no willingness to govern ourselves
and, rightly so, risk having worse credit than Singapore or hong kong.  This is
direct path to second tier status.

I short, the fact we are even in this place is simply amazing to me.  It's like
a guy who gets in a fight with with wife and so burns down their mutual house.

The tea party and republicans that are following them should be tried for
treason.

Sent from my iPad