For my part (and I'm not a huge Steve Jobs fan), I'd say it boils down
to two things:

1. He did an amazing job demonstrating that people can enact change
and turn a vision into reality through force of will.

2. The Apple Human Interface Guidelines.

Number two is more far reaching, I think.  Jobs really pushed a
design-oriented ideal for technology that really hadn't been there
before. Computers were complex tools and no one really paid a whole
lot of attention about making it easy to use and certainly not for
non-technical people. Jobs said that design is important, that it is
part of functionality and not something to be slapped on at the end.
And Apple's HIG are a big part of all the computer technologies out
there today that don't suck and are a pleasure to use.

Judah