Forget global warming - it's Cycle 25 we need to worry about (and if NASA
scientists are right the Thames will be freezing over again)

The supposed ‘consensus’ on man-made global warming is facing an
inconvenient challenge after the release of new temperature data showing
the planet has not warmed for the past 15 years.

The figures suggest that we could even be heading for a mini ice age to
rival the 70-year temperature drop that saw frost fairs held on the Thames
in the 17th Century.

Based on readings from more than 30,000 measuring stations, the data was
issued last week without fanfare by the Met Office and the University of
East Anglia Climatic Research Unit. It confirms that the rising trend in
world temperatures ended in 1997.

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2093264/Forget-global-warming--Cycle-25-need-worry-NASA-scientists-right-Thames-freezing-again.html#ixzz1kuOD73Ys

Wow.  East Anglia?  Get out of town.

To make things more interesting, Nobel Prize-winning physicist Ivar
Giaever, publicly resigned from the American Physical Society (APS). His
letter was endorsed by 16 other scientists.

Here's the letter:

"I did not renew because I cannot live with the statement: 'The evidence is
incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are
taken, significant disruptions in the Earth's physical and ecological
systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We
must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now.' In the APS it is
OK to discuss whether the mass of the proton changes over time and how a
multi-universe behaves, but the evidence of global warming is
incontrovertible?"

Here are the scientists:

Claude Allegre, former director of the Institute for the Study of the
Earth, University of Paris;
J. Scott Armstrong, cofounder of the Journal of Forecasting and the
International Journal of Forecasting;
Jan Breslow, head of the Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism,
Rockefeller University;
Roger Cohen, fellow, American Physical Society;
Edward David, member, National Academy of Engineering and National Academy
of Sciences;
William Happer, professor of physics, Princeton;
Michael Kelly, professor of technology, University of Cambridge, U.K.;
William Kininmonth, former head of climate research at the Australian
Bureau of Meteorology;
Richard Lindzen, professor of atmospheric sciences, MIT;
James McGrath, professor of chemistry, Virginia Technical University;
Rodney Nichols, former president and CEO of the New York Academy of
Sciences;
Burt Rutan, aerospace engineer, designer of Voyager and SpaceShipOne;
Harrison H. Schmitt, Apollo 17 astronaut and former U.S. senator;
Nir Shaviv, professor of astrophysics, Hebrew University, Jerusalem;
Henk Tennekes, former director, Royal Dutch Meteorological Service;
Antonio Zichichi, president of the World Federation of Scientists, Geneva.

Read more here:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204301404577171531838421366.html

Probably been paid off by the oil companies, right?

-

“The models are convenient fictions that provide something very useful.”
- Dr David Frame, Climate modeler, Oxford University

"It doesn't matter what is true, it only matters what people believe is
true." - Paul Watson, Co-founder of Greenpeace

"We've got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global
warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and
environmental policy." - Timothy Wirth, President of the UN Foundation and
member of the Club of Rom