On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Jerry Barnes <critic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "So we should be pumping even MORE greenhouse gasses into the
> atmosphere to counter the coming mini ice age?"
>
> Nope.  Just keep an open mind and don't accept GW as an established fact.
>  It is a theory and the science is NOT in.
>
> Question the motives of those on both sides of the issue.

I feel that there is a strong possibility that:

- Many current assumptions are surely wrong but we do not yet know which
are wrong or which direction (good or bad) that they are wrong. This is
part of the scientific process.

- There is still a (relatively small) chance that the science is TOTALLY
wrong.

- The chance that the science is wrong gets smaller on each day that we
learn something new and chance that the science is wrong gets greater each
day that we ignore what we are learning in order to fit it into an
ideological model (both sides).

- But finally - that the consequences of throwing out ALL the science
and ignoring it are so dire that we HAVE to consider action now, even if
part or all of the science is proven wrong later.

-Cameron