yeah and Wembley isn't exactly central London anyway.  Erika is probably
your best bet for specific suggestions, but Wembley's not far from
Richmond, which is a nice place. Don't know anything about places to stay
there, but you could try some searches around that area while you're
waiting for her suggestions to come back...or you could even, if you wanted
to rent a car, go further out to the west. I remember getting from all the
way from Bath into Heathrow in quite a short time, though I am pretty sure
some speed limits were broken in the process. One caution: London is HUGE.
If you plan to get to the game by Tube, check for travel time and number of
times you have to change lines from a given location. One other caution --
if you are far enough in-town, the car becomes a bad idea.