Nobody understands how our climate systems work nor can they predict them with
any accuracy.

What we know factually is:

* the earth has more co2 in the atmosphere than anytime in the last 20 million
years

* 10 of warmest years in modern times have occurred in the last 11 years

* arctic and Antarctic ice is melting at unprecedented rates and accelerating.
Ice that was measured at millions of years old is now melted.  E.g., the
northwest passage is open.

It's getting warmer, period.  Whether that will kill us in 5 years, 50 years,
or 500 years is not known nor predictable.

Given the rate of acceleration, I'd say we have about 50 years.

Acceleration, like compound interest, is a concept that humans have never been
able to grasp; I.e. try to visualize an apple doubling every day.

A few weeks and things don't look worrisome on the apple front.  A few months
and things start looking pretty bad.

Global warming looks to be accelerating like apples.  Qed.