Obamacare - Is it a tax or not?  I guess it depends on the audience.

So, Representative Scott Garrett recently asked President Obama's acting
OMB director Jeffery Zients if President's Obama's budget imposes any new
taxes on citizens making less than 200k per year.  Zients did everything in
his power to avoid answering, but eventually said "no".  That is, he
admitted that the fine for not carrying insurance is not a tax.  You can
see this part of the hearing in the youtube clip.

Interesting since it is a complete contradiction of the following:

Obama Administration Files Brief Defending Health Care Law Individual
Mandate With Supreme Court:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/06/obama-health-care-individual-mandate_n_1190262.html

After this dissemination of truth, Jeffery probably lost any chance to
remove "acting" from his title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u5KuTNQIDQ8

-

If you make less than a quarter of a million dollars a year, you will not
see a single dime of your taxes go up. If you make $200,000 a year or less,
your taxes will go down. - Barack Obama

“I’ve pledged that I will not sign health insurance reform — as badly as I
think it’s necessary, I won’t sign it if that reform adds even one dime to
our deficit.” - Barrack Obama

08-11-2009: I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter, because,
frankly, we historically have had a employer-based system in this country,
with private insurers, and for us to transition to a system like that, I
believe would be too disruptive. 06-30-2003: A single-payer health care
plan, a universal health care plan. That's what I’d like to see. - Barack
Obama

03-24-2007: My commitment is to make sure that we've got universal
healthcare for all Americans by the end of my first term as president. I
would hope that we could set up a system that allows those who can't go
through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some
sort. But I don't think we're going to be able to eliminate employer
coverage immediately. There's going to be potentially some transition
process. I can envision a decade out, or 15 years out, or 20 years out. -
Barack