""Second, I showed the people of Texas that I’m a uniter, not a divider. I
refuse to play the politics of putting people into groups and pitting one
group against another."

Everyone plays the politics of uniter and restoring integrity to some
extent.  Some just make it the central theme of a campaign and repeat it
over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
over and over.

Anyway, please don't expect me to defend Bush the Junior.  Not going to
happen.

-

The assumption that spending more of the taxpayer's money will make things
better has survived all kinds of evidence that it has made things worse.
The black family- which survived slavery, discrimination, poverty, wars and
depressions- began to come apart as the federal government moved in with
its well-financed programs to "help." - Thomas Sowell