On 3/3/2012 7:22 PM, Vivec wrote:

> Sam...
>
> Rush has apologised.
> He apparently thought he was being funny.
>
> Which is kinda what you were implying... :)
>
> "For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three
> hours a day, five days a week.  In this instance, I chose the wrong words
> in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms.
> Fluke.

BS.  He meant every word of it.  If there hadn't been such a backlash,
he would still be meaning it.

> I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political
> times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before
> members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens
> should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal
> responsibility and accountability?

Indeed.  He is feeling some of that accountability now.

> Where do
> we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will
> we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students
> that are interested in running to keep fit?

Stupid analogy.

In my monologue, I posited that
> it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's
> bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level.

Fair enough.  I am with him there.  That's all he had to say instead of
being a massive dick.  Then again, being a massive dick gets you
attention, so ...

> My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I
> created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the
> insulting word choices.

No.  The choice of words was the worst.  He meant them, too.  He is only
now saying "ha ha just kidding you guys" now that even conservatives are
going "whoa.  A little too far there."