On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM, PT <cft...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 3/9/2012 7:31 PM, Jerry Barnes wrote:
> > There will be huge riots in Charlotte during the DNC.
>
> I kind of doubt this.  Charlotte will be too excited that they are
> getting 'big city' attention.  I predict they will use the revenue to
> launch some other stupid venture in a misguided attempt to act like one.

Mostly, large protests are conducted by people who don't live there.  Just
like the DNC is mainly from other parts of the country, the protesters
would be too.  So, I don't think it really has much to do with what the
local city wants.

Not sure I would characterize what will happen as a "riot" or a "protest",
but large organized protests are on the rise largely due to the momentum
Occupy Movement, so I would count on  that theme carrying over to many
other areas in the near future.  Especially since the conservative side of
the country now has to show that they also can "pull an occupy off".

-Cameron