Compared to many conservatives, and certainly to the remaining GOP
candidates, Romney would be considered comparatively progressive.

Romney is a smart guy, and he's doing what he needs to get the
nomination.....but I don't think he's a dyed in the wool conservative, not
by a long shot, and I don't think he'd be a bad president, actually.

In some ways, he reminds me a little bit of Obama in 2008. Obama had most
liberals convinced he was going to be an ultra-liberal president...when all
actual evidence was to the contrary (independents knew better, and that's
why we elected him). Sure enough, he hasn't been near as liberal as the
Eric's of the world would like. This is because Obama is smart, and given
what he knows now as President, he knows that some actions certainly viewed
as "conservative"...really our in the best interests of the country.

I think if Romney were elected, he might do the same thing. I voted for
Obama last time, and I think he's done a decent job...but I don't think
Romney would be a bad candidate, or a bad president. I can't say the same
about any of the other GOP hopefuls.