I do believe that Obama will keep pushing for campaign finance reform.
The reason? He ends up better off for it. Obama has some serious high
dollar backers, no doubt, but in a world of totally unfettered money
from individuals and corporations, the current climate is going to
benefit Republicans more than Democrats. They have more uber-rich
backers than the D's do. Obama, however, has a really good ground game
and does a really good job pulling in small dollar donors. So if a
combination of Congress and the Judiciary is able to get campaign
finance rules in place to get the big money largely out of the system,
it is a (short term) advantage to Democrats. So that's why I expect
him to push it. Has nothing to do with hypocrisy or altruism, it has
to do with self-interest.

Long-term, of course, I don't know who real campaign finance reform
would benefit most. Ideally, it would weaken the two-party system and
transform the political system into something a bit more egalitarian.
Would it? Can't say.

Judah