I have seen others like it.  At least it is getting a little press.

"Until last year, the city of Bozeman, Mont., had a long-standing policy
of asking job applicants for passwords to their email addresses,
social-networking websites and other online accounts."

E-mail passwords?  Fark you guys.  I would not work for a company that
asked for that information.  It shows a lack of respect and trust from
the outset.  I would have the feeling that the company was looking over
my shoulder every second.  It would not foster a productive working
environment for me or them.

But go ahead and ask, companies.  I have 20 different addresses that I
use on a daily basis and I don't know the passwords to any of them.

Also, I don't trust Facebook and don't put anything on it besides
pictures of my cats, or something, twice a month.  No, you can't see.
You will have to take my word for it.