"Ah, you mean to the victor goes the spoils. We invaded a sovereign
nation because
we accused them of having weapons they didn't. Our advanced weaponry made
it a one sided ass kicking from a military standpoint...and so now, as the
conquering invader, we should be able to tell these weaklings exactly what
is, and what isn't."

I am not saying we "should" be able to tell Iraq what to do.  I am saying
that we "are" telling Iraq what to do.

"Trying to discern if you're kidding....."

Of course I am not kidding.

Also, I really doubt Iraq wants us to leave.  If the US left with all of
the unrest in the Middle East, Iraq could be in for a serious butt whipping
from Iran, Turkey or even the Kurds or be susceptible to a civil uprising
like the Arab Spring.

There is one thing all leaders in all countries have in common.  They want
to stay in power.  The best way for the Iraqi leaders to stay in power is
to toe the "company" line.  They will be allowed to verbal express
disagreement, but not actually act on it.

-

Ninety percent of politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
- Henry Kissinger

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel,
go out and buy some more tunnel. - John Quinton