The Leafs haven't been miserable for all those years, they are often
far more entertaining than that. My brother-in-law is a Leafs fan and
one of my annual pleasures is watching him agonize as they start out
well, then start to fade, rally a bit and be in playoff position and
then, just barely, miss the playoffs once again. Their ability to miss
the playoffs every year while not actually sucking enough to get a
good draft pick is really a treat.

I thought they were actually going to make the playoffs this year
considering how well Phil Kessel was playing but they have done a
brilliant job of screwing it up again.

The situation in Winnipeg is awesome. My wife's parents live there and
the city has been ecstatic. Admittedly, they play in a crappy
division, but still, they are winning some games and making the
playoffs the first year back in Winnipeg is a big big deal there.

Cheers,
Judah