A few years back, there were groups making a big stink about women not
being admitted. In order to (paraphrasing here) save their sponsors
any trouble, August actually refunded their 'sponsorship' fees and
paid whatever money CBS would have gotten for commercials. The entire
broadcast, all weekend long, was commercial free. This happened for a
couple of years if I remember correctly.