Between the NDAA, Patriot Act and the National Defense Resources
Preparedness executive order, I'm not sure those things are as far away as
you seem to think.

As a matter of fact 1 has happened (Katrina), 2 has happened (NSA
warrantless wiretapping, NSA is mainly US military), 4 happened (Katrina
again), and 10 just happened (Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds).

So, we'll see.